Monday, July 9, 2012

I haven't posted anything in for so long ... My life has twisted and turned - inside out at times - since my last post!  My oldest daughter, Caitlin, nearly died from an angry cancerous tumor bleeding out in her esophagus in January of 2011.  Her progress through treatments, surgeries, and more treatments was covered in the Caitlin Updates blog listed  in my blog.  She is doing much better, growing lovely curly hair, gardening, and working to build back her strength.  She is still unable to go back to full time nursing but hopes to be able to work part time soon.  She loves to write her thoughts and share pictures at her blog,   wisteriamelody.blogspot.com  
During this same time frame I lost my father, my husband lost his business, and then fell from a ladder, shattering his wrist!  Surgery and months of rehab later, he was able to go to school for his CDL and is now driving a truck. 
As for me, aside from trying to care for my family and keep up with my teaching job, I have continued to to meet with fellow fabric artists!  I have way more ideas than time to create them, but always have 2 or 3 quilting projects in the works!  At the moment they include a "cobweb" in jewel tones for my bed, a rain forest throw for my classroom - a panel I am hand quilting, and a snail "prayer quilt" in brights for a child in need.
My project at the moment, however, is to transform my son's old room into a sewing room.  Today I pack away the old toys and books and putty holes where basket ball posters and stuffed animal shelves used to hang :(!   Tomorrow I paint the walls "soft cream" - a pale, buttery yellow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment